The word compline comes from the Latin word for completion.
Compline is an ancient time with God at the end of the day. It was an opportunity to give thanks for the joys and graces experienced.
This time of prayer and reflection as night falls has experienced a resurgence in recent times as communities rediscover the need for building sacred time into the margins of their lives.
We invite you to join us for an in-person gathering for prayer, worship, and fellowship as night falls.
DETAILS of the GATHERING
Sunday evenings, 6:30pm
starting Sunday, September 27, 2020
on the front lawn of the church
- We request that anyone in at-risk health categories stay home and view our Sunday Morning worship at 9:30am ET.
- All participants must be fully and correctly masked. We will offer free masks to those who arrive without them.
- We request 6+ feet social distancing between individuals of different families.
- Anyone with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 are requested to please stay home.
When You Attend
- We will have chairs and blankets on hand and ready, but we encourage you to bring your own chairs and blankets if possible.
- Feel free to bring snacks and food, if you like. Masks must be worn at all other times. And you must be safely distanced from others if eating.
Are children welcome?
Yes, children are most definitely welcome and encouraged to attend.
How long is the gathering?
Is this the same service as Sunday morning?
No. The Sunday morning online service and evening Compline gathering will be completely different in both content and style.
What if it rains?
In the event of inclement weather, Compline will be cancelled. A determination will be made by 3:00pm and posted on Facebook.
What happens at Compline?
The gathering will contain elements designed to lead into contemplation and reflection. A mix of music, prayer, liturgy, teaching, and other elements will be interwoven to create an atmosphere of joy and peace.
Will Compline be available to view online?
No. At this point, the only way to experience Compline is to join with us in person.