Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing tasks related to the operations of the church as directed by the ministry team and/or the church council. The Director of Operations serves as the primary point of contact for finance, facilities, campus development, risk management, information technology, human resources, events, support for church team activities, office management issues, and other emergent needs of the church that may arise.
Reports to: The Director of Operations will report to the church ministry team as to the day to day operations of the church; the Director of Operations will report to church council as to all financial responsibilities and duties.
Periodic evaluation of performance will be completed by the personnel committee.
- 5+ years experience in institutional, business, operations or project management; or
- 2-4 years experience with associate’s or bachelor’s degree in relevant subject
- Supportive of JupiterFIRST Church values
- Adaptable to emergent needs and changing conditions
- Able to work in a collaborative and open environment
- Solution-oriented and growth-oriented focus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage office and operations staff (including facility and financial staff)
- Manage and coordinate on-site and off-site vendors
- Oversee employment on-boarding and off-boarding as well as administration of employee benefits
- Provide logistical and on-site support of church services, programs, and events
- Manage church technology platforms
- Initiate, plan, execute, control/monitor, and close projects
- Oversee appearance, general condition, sanitization, and cost of maintenance and repairs to church building and grounds
- Oversee financial administration, planning (budget and pledge campaign), maintenance, and growth working in collaboration with ministers, church staff, and council
- Process and report financials to staff and council
- Ensure tax-exempt requirements of 501(c)(3)
- Ensure 501(c)(3) filing requirements
- Manage church insurance policies
- Manage needs for annual/special meetings
- Sunday on-site support
- Variable work hours (some evenings and weekends)
- Shall be present for church holidays
- Full time, exempt salaried position
- Salary negotiable based on experience
If interested in this position, please fill out the form below.